Our physiotherapists at Health2u are trained in an advanced form of taping called kinesiology taping. Applying this tape allows support joints and soft tissues of the body while allowing you to still move freely and not limit your blood supply.
What Is Kinesiology Taping?
Physiotherapists use different tapes but at Health2u we use rocktape as we believe it the best quality of the kinesiology tapes and acts like human skin with being the same thickness and elastic and stretchy at the same time..
What can it help?
- protects and reduces pain and swelling therefore helps inflammatory problems
- prevents injury
- help to restore correct movement of the body
- works on nerves, blood flow and other systems of the body to help the bodys healing process
- helps the bodys healing process by restoring by correcting the function of the muscles
What Conditions Can Kenisiology Tape Help?
- ankle sprains
- achilles tendon pain
- hip, knee and ankle injuries
- muscle strains
- tennis elbow
- shoulder, elbow, wrist injuries
- back problems
- knee cap problems in pain around the front of the knee (anterior knee pain)
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injuries and cerebral palsy
- plantar fascitis
How Does Kenisology Taping Work?
As the tape moves with the body it helps to support the body part and protect it and reduce pain. It aids muscles function by giving feedback of touch to the muscle. It moves with your body and supports the body part helping to reduce pain or protecting the joint. It can help muscle function by giving a touch feedback to the muscle, which can enhance an athletes performance or help someone who has low muscle tone ie after a stroke. By working on the lymphatic system it helps to drain swelling better and quicker than when tape is not used.
Please get in touch for more information about our products and services.